Sometimes, riding in the rain isn’t fun, but with the right biker rain gear, the journey can be enjoyable and a new experience for you. The most important point; get the right rain gear.
The most important decision you can make is buying the right rain gear. Whatever rain gear you get; make sure that it keeps you dry, warm, and comfortable so that you could feel all the aspects of the bike. The worst thing is buying rain gear that make you feel like the Michelin man and you don’t have control of the gears on your bike.
Make sure whatever you buy, fits well and allows you to maneuver on the bike.
Spend the money for the right rain gear; you know the old saying you get what you pay for. Buy good quality and you won’t be disappointed.
There are new and improved motorcycle gear available so riders can enjoy riding in the rain, cold, heat, any weather. I enjoy riding in the rain, because I bought the right gear for me. Riding in the rain challenges me and changes my bike experience.
Getting the right rain gear could be tricky, so here are a few things to look for.
- Make sure you get a good quality waterproof rain suit.
- Choose which is more comfortable for you; a one piece or two piece rain suit. After all, comfort is important.
- Get good quality waterproof gloves. Some gloves have a squeegee on the thumb to wipe your visor or goggles to improve visibility. What an awesome idea!
- Buy good quality waterproof boots. If that’s not your style, get regular biker boots and get (Motorcycle Boot Covers) that fit right over the boots. They are great and keep you dry.
- If you want to make sure that you’re visible, then I suggest purchasing rain gear with high visibility colors. The basic colors are; bright orange, yellow, green. However there are more colors out there that might be more to your taste. The key is to be visible and safe.
Once you have the right rain gear suited to your specific riding requirements; you will start enjoying riding in the rain and won’t let the rain stop you from arriving at your destination on time.
There are a few more tips I want to share.
When it starts to rain; wait at least 20 minutes; the roads are less slippery. Stop for a coffee or under an overpass for about 20 minutes and then continue your journey. If you can’t wait; slow down and drive carefully.
Avoid the painted lines or painted turning arrows as they are extra slick in the rain.
Slowdown when riding in the rain. The idea is to enjoy the ride; not risk crashing. Keep the throttle low until it’s dry again.
Another good practice; try to relax when riding in the rain. When you are stressed and tense, you make bad decisions. If you feel yourself getting frazzled or jumpy; pullover and get a coffee or have a smoke till you are relaxed, then get back on the road. Remember this is supposed to be fun.
I recommend you ensure your face is properly covered. The rain really hurts on your face, which makes the ride uncomfortable. You can wear a full face helmet or I prefer a neoprene face mask. Neoprene face masks keeps me warm and dry; they cover my face and ears. They are a great addition to your biker gear. They come in all kinds of designs or just black. Full face or half face. They are easy to store. It doesn’t matter what you prefer just as long as you are comfortable and secure.
Decent tires are one of the most important safety pieces while riding in the rain. Make sure your tires are good quality; get them checked if you are not sure. Good tires are especially important for riding securely in the rain.
Remember – relax, stay sharp, make sure your very visible, and pay attention to your surroundings. Enjoy the ride and be safe.
hope these tips will help you to enjoy riding in the rain safely. Don’t
forget; get the right biker rain gear, right for your riding needs,
this will ensure you have a great experience riding in the rain.